16 year old Denver Young Dominates Western Australian Longboard Titles
Western Australia was pumping over the weekend for the HIF Western Australian Longboard Titles presented by SunSmart at Yallingup. Some pretty damn impressive 4-6 foot swells hit the coast and made for the best conditions the girls could ask for to move their 9 foot plus boards around. The event is the qualifying round for the Australian Titles to be held in Coffs Harbour in August.
It was 16 year old Denver Young from Cottesloe who stole the show in both the Open and Under 18’s divisions with her remarkable traditional manoeuvres on the board wholes some pretty progressive shortboard-esk turns to make the most of critical sections.
After her double win Denver said “This is probably the best result I’ve ever had… this is like a dream come, I want to thank all the girls in the finals and the waves for being so fun.”
2015 WESTERN AUSTRALIAN LONGBOARD WOMEN’S RESULTS
1. Denver Young (Cottesloe), 13,43pts
2. Georgia Young (Swanbourne) 12.30pts
3. Issabella Marchetti (Mullaloo) 6.73pts
4. Gabrielle Sherwood (Highgate) 6.23pts
Under 18 Girls:
1. Denver Young (Cottesloe) 13.57pts}
2. Issabella Marchetti (Mullaloo) 11.94pts
3. Gidget Neunuebel (Denmark) 8.00pts
4.Chelsea Bedford (Busselton) 7.54pts
Over 35 Women:
1. Pier Cotte (Swanbourne) 6.70pts